The Special Collections Reading Room is located on the first floor of Kellogg Library in Kellogg 1107A, and is open by appointment only. For an appointment, please request research assistance or email us at email@example.com.
The University Archives and Special Collections Reading Room is open by appointment only. Appointments are available Monday-Friday, 8 am-3 pm, with the Archives closing at 4 pm. Please complete and submit the appropriate form to schedule an appointment.
We observe all campus holiday closures as noted in the Library Calendar.
Using materials in the Reading Room
- Special collections and archival material are non-circulating. They may not be checked out and are made available by archival staff in the Reading Room during open hours.
- Researchers must leave coats, bags, and other personal items in lockers. Only paper, pencil, cell phone, and/or laptops can be used at the desk.
- Cellphones must be silenced. Researchers are requested to leave the Reading Room to answer calls and carry on conversations.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Archives Reading Room.
- Gloves will be provided with material that is especially sensitive to damage from direct handlings, such as photographs and negatives.
Visitors must purchase parking to visit Special Collections. Please see the university's parking information for more details.
Special Collections Department
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.
San Marcos, CA 92096